Wednesday, April 16, 2008

MythTV allowing schedules but showing none

My MythTV is on the fritz. Maybe because I keep screwing with it... It would let me "schedule" things through mythweb or by Manage Recordings -> Schedule Recording and would save the recording schedule I picked but would not show anything in the upcoming recordings section. This had happened to me once before and luckily I vaguely remembered how to fix it.

If this happens to you, or to me again, check that your recording device is hooked up to your listings. I think it's under Input Devices in setupmythtv, aka the backend setup. In my case I had my card and I had Schedules Direct but my card's television input was not pointing to anything. I pointed it to Schedules Direct and exited out, went back into the frontend and all my upcoming shows were there.

No comments: