Sunday, January 6, 2008

Reflecting off a cd case 2


Reflecting off a cd case 2
Originally uploaded by joecagit

Progress has been made!
Using GPSD's python wrapper I'm connecting to GPSD running on my desktop machine. I also fixed the spacing of the lines on the speed chart and the number of numbered lines on the compass. I also dropped in the current speed value.

The first test revealed how tiny the font at 25 (pixels? points?) is. So I bumped it up to 50 and doubled the draw size of the two gauges. Either by luck or some math that I some how got right, the fonts fix perfectly.

When trying to take this picture I noticed that the display goes away completely when the any part of the light from the GPS is behind it. That means that the HUD will disappear in other car's lights or street lights, etc. I hope that won't be too much of an issue.

No comments: